Composing Good Persuasive Essay Topics for College Students
When you become a college student, you should accept the fact that writing essays will become a part of your life. This is a very popular kind of assignment, so you will need to practice your skills and learn a few tricks in order to create some truly impressive papers.
When it comes to writing a persuasive essay, one of the most important things you need to consider is a topic. You need to pick something original and interesting in order to catch the readers’ attention. A truly good topic for a college level essay should meet the following requirements:
- It must concern a relevant issue that truly deserves to be discussed.
- The topic must be narrow enough in order to be fully covered in a paper of the assigned size.
- It should be worded in a manner that will draw attention to it.
It is always best to focus on the areas you’ve already covered in class when choosing a topic. Writing about some issue that you will need to research from a scratch will take a lot of time and effort. Very few college students have enough free hours to do a really good job on creating this kind of an essay.
Persuasive Topic Ideas
If you still struggle with deciding what exactly to write about, look at the following list. Pick the topic that interests you personally as it will be easier to work on it.
- Are lies unavoidable in a relationship?
- Should one become a vegetarian to lead a healthy lifestyle?
- How much of a role luck plays in a person’s success.
- There should be no religious education in schools.
- Do vampires really exist?
- Sustainable energy sources should be made more available to people.
Relationships play an important part in the lives of young people, so this essay will definitely draw some attention. Try to do some research, like polls, in order to find out what people actually think about this issue and support this data with psychological background.
Try to determine why so many people associate vegetarianism with healthy lifestyle. Are they truly equal?
Study some examples from history and offer some statistical data to support your arguments.
Explain how this brings the rift between children of different religions and promotes intolerance.
If you turn this essay in a study of history and folklore combined with bits of humor and popular culture, you are bound to make an impression with this essay.
Offer a sound business plan on how to make this possible considering the current economic situation within the country.